MXL2 is the dash logger providing all the info needed by professional racers as well as by newbies. The product has been designed with the aim to make configuration and usage smooth and easy either for amateurs or for people with a sophisticated technical background. MXL2 acquires and displays data coming from your ECU, the internal accelerometer and gyro, as well as from the GPS08 Module (1.3m or 4m) included in the kit, analog/digital inputs and predefined math channels. Performance and data acquired can also be incremented adding up to eight expansion modules.
- CAN output: With the CAN output you can send messages directly to an existing CAN network in order to improve the range of vehicle control possibilities.
- Custom pages: You can define up to eight different custom pages, choosing among a wide library of page styles, defining which data to be shown, their end of scale and measure units.
- Sharp liquid crystal: The MXL2 display features a high contrast traditional LCD, with a black to white ratio nearly double its predecessor, fused with a graphical LCD offering great flexibility in information display and alerts. The MXL2 now offers a dual colored back light of high contrast white and red which can also be changed conditionally. An ambient light sensor keeps the back light at optimum brightness levels.
- Flexible alarms: Six different alarm LEDS: you choose the conditions, the colors and the flashing frequency. You can configure them in order to turn them on/off depending on the analog or digital inputs, ECU values, GPS information or math channels. You can also associate an alarm LED with a message and a digital output with each event.
- Two digital outputs: MXL2 features two digital outputs. The two digital outputs (Dout) are LOW SIDE type (switch to ground): they can be configured in order to be turned on/off depending on the value of the analog or digital inputs. They permit to automatically run external systems, i.e. to switch on/off additional lights, to activate/de-activate a cooling fan or circulation pumps, etc. when a certain event happens.
- Integrated shift light array: An integrated shift light is a hallmark of the MXL, but an even better 10 LED sift array is found in the MXL2. Choose from a host of advanced multi-colored RGB shift light patterns that can be customized as you like, and for each unique gear when required.
A modular system: Using the built-in CAN bus you can add optional expansion modules to visualize additional information:
Channel Expansion – Add 4 additional 0-5 volt analogue channels.
TC Hub – Add 4 additional K-type thermocouple temperature sensors.
LCU-One Lambda Controller – Wide band lambda controller, with Bosch LSU 4.9 probe, providing air/fuel data, lambda value and exhaust gas temperature. The extremely precise measurement is very useful for engine tuning/set-up, allowing the user to perfectly tune the carburetion.
SmartyCam HD / SmartyCam GP HD – Compact and robust HD camera / HD bullet-cam – both designed for motorsports.