The new AIM SmartyCam GP HD (Rev 2.2) has been designed for motorsport and is incredibly compact and robust. The professional on-board camera records in full 1280p HD video and can include all the technical information that will help you improve your performance.
The camera is available in two lens versions:
- The 67° lens is preferred for closed-roof cars, as it “sees” the track just within the wind-screen pillars, reducing that unpleasant black frame typical of generic camera on-board videos.
- A 84º lens is available for open-roof and formula cars, where it is possible to have a more ample view of the track and there is no risk of black frames.
If you have a formula car, a race bike, or when the SmartyCam HD is not so convenient to install, this version with its remote bullet camera is the answer. Intelligent settings allow the camera to automatically start / stop recording by using the inbuilt 3 axis accelerometer so you can concentrate on the track. A wide colour TFT display offers immediate playback and helps with setting up.
- Real Time Data Overlay: SmartyCam GP HD (Rev 2.2) automatically overlays on your video all of the data you need: speed, RPM, lap number, gear shifts and much more. Simply choose the data and graphical layout you prefer from the many different overlays available. Data can be read from all the possible sources. From GPS: track map and vehicle position as well as speed, lap and split times. From AIM logger / dash logger connected to your ECU: RPM, throttle, engaged gear, acceleration, temperatures, pressures etc. From sensors connected to your AIM logger / dash logger.
- Direct CAN ECU connection: The new Rev 2.2 SmartyCam GP HD has been designed integrating the direct connection to the CAN-bus line of the ECU. It allows the use of can-bus communication protocols included in the official AIM database. This new feature has been designed particularly for those vehicles like Formula cars or race bikes, where the available space to fit things in is minimal.
- CMOS Sensor and Lenses Designed For Motorsport: Other generic action cameras are designed to record video in many different situations (skiing, surfing etc), but in motorsports they tend to record misleading videos making it difficult to tell if a section of track is straight or curved. Being a camera dedicated to motorsports, the SmartyCam GP HD features lenses specifically designed to avoid distortion.
- Designed for extreme conditions: An on-board camera designed for motorsports must continue to work in the most extreme working conditions typical of track racing and against the most adverse weather, such as: strong and prolonged vibrations, continuous rain and extreme high and low temperatures. That is why the SmartyCam GP HD is made in machinery molded aluminium, just like many competition car parts.
- Coaxial bullet cable with dedicated connection: The new connection cable for the bullet camera is now more protected from electromagnetic noise, and has stronger filtering on the power connection of the SmartyCam GP HD.
- Integrated CAN-bus Hub: SmartyCam GP HD Rev 2.2 now has 4 connectors, one completely dedicated to the bullet cam, one for the ECU-MIC, one for the GPS08 Module connection and an extra one to add any expansion that you might need.
- Higher Storage Capacity: Using a compression system which has been optimized to provide the perfect balance between video quality and file size. Video is stored on an SD card and you can select 3 different recording quality options: High quality, 1 hour = 4GB, Standard quality – 1 hour = 2GB, Low quality – 1 hour = 1.5GB. This means that with a 128GB SD card you can store over 32 hours of footage.