The AIM SmartyCam HD (Rev.2.1) camera has been designed for motorsport use, with the Rev 2.1 offering further improvements with better electronics/mechanics. The professional on-board camera records in full 1280p HD video and being incredibly compact and robust it is recommended for touring, GT and rally cars, as well as karts. Designed with a single purpose… providing great videos that include all the technical information that will help you improve your performance.
- Real Time Data Overlay: SmartyCam HD (Rev.2.1) automatically overlays on your video all of the data you need: speed, RPM, lap number, gear shifts and much more. Simply choose the data and graphical layout you prefer from the many different overlays available. Data can be read from all the possible sources. From GPS: track map and vehicle position as well as speed, lap and split times. From AIM logger / dash logger connected to your ECU: RPM, throttle, engaged gear, acceleration, temperatures, pressures etc. From additional sensors connected to your AIM logger / dash logger.
- CMOS Sensor and Lenses Designed For Motorsport: Other generic action cameras are designed to record video in many different situations (skiing, surfing etc), but in motorsports they tend to record misleading videos making it difficult to tell if a section of track is straight or curved. Being a camera dedicated to motorsports, the SmartyCam HD features lenses specifically designed to avoid distortion. The camera is available in two versions: The 67° lens is preferred for closed-roof cars, as it “sees” the track just within the wind-screen pillars, reducing that unpleasant black frame typical of generic camera on-board videos. A 84º lens is available for open-roof and formula cars, where it is possible to have a more ample view of the track and there is no risk of black frames.
- Designed for extreme conditions: An on-board camera designed for motorsports must continue to work in the most extreme working conditions typical of track racing and against the most adverse weather, such as: strong and prolonged vibrations, continuous rain and extreme high and low temperatures. That is why the SmartyCam HD is made in machinery molded aluminium, just like many competition car parts.
- Automatic start & stop: Imagine the scene… you’re on the starting grid, adrenaline pumping. The last thing you need to worry about is switching on the camera. This is why the SmartyCam switches on/off automatically and starts/stops recording in the same way.
- Front mounted colour TFT display: A 128×128 pixel TFT colour display offers immediate playback and helps with initial setting up.
- Higher Storage Capacity: Using a compression system which has been optimized to provide the perfect balance between video quality and file size. Video is stored on an SD card and you can select 3 different recording quality options: High quality, 1 hour = 4GB, Standard quality – 1 hour = 2GB, Low quality – 1 hour = 1.5GB. This means that with a 128GB SD card you can store over 32 hours of footage.