The FuelTech FTSPARK is an extremely high energy Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) system designed to meet the highest spark requirements for racing. Developed for high horsepower combinations and tested proven on 5,000+ horsepower engines!
It is compatible with any ECU on the market! It’s able to generate a spark with up to 600mJ (mJ=mili Joules) of energy and is capable of firing the spark with 125 Amps of current in the coil primary. With these features, FTSPARK generates a spark with approximately 5 times more energy and 10 times more current compared to a SparkPRO ensuring a burn in any condition, especially in extremely rich air fuel ratios.
- Compatible with piston and rotary engines
- Programmable power between 400mJ and 600mJ through CAN or analog input for energy level adjustment
- Coil primary current up to 250amps (depends on coil)
- CAN communication with FuelTech Power FT ECU line for equipment diagnostics and datalogger channel recording
- Anodized aluminum housing
- Automotive connector with gold-plated terminals
- Serial bus (1 wire) allows to use only one output from the ECU to trigger all FTSPARK ignition outputs
This only works with FuelTech ECUs – FT450 and above.
- 430v to coil primary voltage, which helps prevent system interference
- Size: 4.92 x 6.0 x 1.9 in., Weight: 32.8 oz
- Maximum operating time with minimum power 400mJ: limited by the maximum operating temperature
- Maximum operating time with maximum power 600mJ: 20 seconds
- Voltage supply required for full power: 14-19V. Minimum engine start voltage 8V
- Maximum operating frequency: 670 Hz
- Maximum Current Consumption: FTSPARK-4 (4 coils): 20A @ 10000RPM
CONTENTS OF PACKAGING
- 1 FTSPARK-4
- 1 operation and installation guide
- 1 electrical harness for installation (optional)
- 1 mounting kit (4 rubber mounts, 8 washers and 8 ¼” nuts)