The AiM PDM08 and PDM32 Power Distribution Modules are designed to distribute power to multiple circuits on your vehicle, easily replacing traditional fuse and relay systems. AiM’s PDM’s are housed in an IP65 rated anodized billet aluminum case, and are designed to handle the rigors of motorsport and include a complete professional data logger and internal dash controller. An AiM PDM at the center of vehicle electronics will greatly simplify and tidy your wiring harness and electronics installation while providing much more control.
Both the PDM08 and PDM32 offer interesting features, like:
- ECU connection, for integration of data from your ECU
- Data logging avoiding installing another “box”
- GPS module for automatic lap times and track positions
- Mirror camera for ease of travel in the pits
- 9 axis EMU platform
- Dash controller for easily managing a 6″ or 10″ AiM dash display
- 3 CAN Connections
- 3 axis ±5G accelerometer + 3 axis gyro + 3 axis magnetometer
All PDM kits include:
- Integrated data logger/ power distribution module / dash controller
- Color high contrast TFT display (fully configurable in Race Studio 3 Software)
- GPS Module for automatic lap time and track position
- 8 high side outputs
- 1 with series diode rated up to 20A
- 1 rated up to 25A
- 6 rated up to 15A
- Over voltage, under voltage, over current, and over temperature protections
- All outputs have internal freewheeling diode
- Total max current: 100 Amps
- 28 high side outputs, 4 half bridge outputs
- 4 rated up to 20A (high power)
- 12 rated up to 15A (mid power)
- 12 rated up to 10A (low power)
- 4 rated up to 35A (half bridge)
- Over voltage, under voltate, over current, and over temperature protections
- Total max current: 120 Amps
Each output provides status feedback for open circuits, short circuit, high temperature, over current, under voltage and over voltage. Inrush current, number of fault retries and the time between retries are all definable.
For every output, a multicolor LED shows status (Enabled/disabled, activated or not, fault), an all outputs are configurable as PWM and allow soft start/stop.
- Analog/Digital Inputs – 6
- Speed Inputs – 2
- Analog/Digital Inputs – 8
- Digital Only – 4
- Speed Inputs – 2
Analog inputs allow internal 2k ohm resistor activation.
Digital inputs allow 10k ohm pull up, or 10k ohm pull down resistor activation
Internal Data Logger:
A powerful built in internal data logger is capable of recording all analog and digital inputs, ECU channels, GPS values, currents, as well as status of all power outputs.